New Scholarship George K. Varughese, DDS Endowment Scholarship
This $1,000 award is available to seniors who plan on pursuing a career in the medical/health care/science field. To be considered for this scholarship, complete the cover sheet and attach it to the required items. Items must be received by Monday, April 13, 2015.
March 1, 2015 Fraternal Order of Eagles – Seniors from Morrow and west Umatilla county high schools are eligible to apply. Awards are based on academic record, financial need, and character. Applications are available in the counseling office.
March 1, 2015 Oregon Collectors Association – Hasson/Newman Memorial Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded to seniors graduating from Oregon high schools and are based on the following essay topic – Credit in the 21st Century. More information is available in the counseling office.
March 8, 2015 ACo/Nationwide Scholarship - High-school seniors whose parents, grandparents or legal guardians actively contribute to a 457(b) plan offered through the NACo Deferred Compensation Program are eligible to apply for a college scholarship of $2,500. Four $2,500 scholarships will be awarded in Spring 2015. Applications must be submitted online at www.nrsforu.com/scholarship between January 5th and March 8th, 2015
It’s time to get serious about the Red & Gena Leonard scholarship. The deadline is March 15. This scholarship is for Morrow and Umatilla county graduates only, and they award over 100 scholarships. A number of 2014 RHS graduates received this award last year. I will be in the library after school if you need help.http://leonardfoundation.org/redgena20102011.pdf
Deadline is March 15. http://media-ofb.oregonfb.org/wp-content/themes/twentyten/pdf_ofb/2015_assoc_app.pdf
March 15, 2015 Red & Gena Leonard Foundation – Numerous scholarships are awarded to Umatilla and Morrow county graduates. Awards are based on financial need and application presentation. Application is available online at www.leonardfoundation.org , or pick one up in the counseling office.
March 15, 2015 Pioneer Memorial Hospital Foundation – Two scholarships available: 1) Earl & Hazel Wilson Health Care Education Scholarship, and 2) Dr. Wallace Wolff Memorial Scholarship. For Morrow County graduates intending to pursue an education in a health care field. Applications are available in the counseling office.
March 30, 2015 Oregon PTA - $500 scholarships awarded to Oregon high school graduates studying for a teaching degree at an Oregon public university or college. Community colleges that transfer credit in education to an Oregon public university also qualify. More information is available in the counseling office or online at www.oregonpta.org/Involved/TES.htm
Scholarship Opportunity for Athletes:http://www.athleticscholarships.net/scholarship-contest.htm
HOW TO ENTER Write a 400-500 word essay describing how the lessons you have learned through playing sports have positively impacted you as you pursue your college education. Essay due June 1, 2015
Email your essay and other required information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Eligible
- Must be a current or former athlete at the high school or college level.
- Must be a current college student or high school senior entering college.
What to Include
- Your Full Name
- Email Address
- Post Address
- Intended Major
- Year to Graduate College
- Phone Number
- Brief Personal Bio
- Your Essay
The Trail Blazers and Wesley Matthews are introducing a brand new college scholarship program sponsored by Wells Fargo. High school seniors with a 3.00 GPA in Oregon and Clark County, Washington, are eligible to apply for a $5,000 college scholarship towards a 4-year, 2-year, or trade school education. Six high school seniors will be awarded.
Applications are now being accepted at http://trailblazers.com/scholarship and the deadline to apply is March 1, 2015. Winners will be honored at a Blazers game this spring.
PIONEER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL FOUNDATION - MORROW COUNTY, INC. PO BOX 515 HEPPNER, OR 97836
TWO SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE:
1. EARL & HAZEL WILSON HEALTH CARE EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
2. DR. WALLACE WOLFF MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Both of these scholarships are for students wishing to obtain health care related educational assistance. Consideration for both scholarships will be given to all scholarship applicants. However, only one Wallace Wolff scholarship is awarded each year. Upon determination of the Wallace Wolff scholarship recipient, the rest of the applications will be considered for the Earl & Hazel Wilson scholarship.
Listed below are the specific guideline and criteria for eligibility for both of these scholarships:
- Applicants must have been a resident of Morrow County, Oregon for 6 months at the time they make written application for assistance.
- Students must be pursuing (or intending to pursue) education in one or more disciplines directly related to health care delivery.
- Applicants need to be (or intend to be) enrolled in a recognized, established and appropriate school and the course of study will encompass a period of at least 3 months, or the equivalent.
- Funds granted will be disbursed to the school where the applicant is (or will be) enrolled; to be applied to tuition, board/room, books, lab fees, and related expenses in that order, with the understanding that any unused portion will be returned to the Pioneer Memorial Hospital Foundation by the school.
- Grant applications are to be submitted by March 15th of each year.
- No scholarship assistance grant on behalf of any individual applicant will be for a period of more than one year.
- Please note: Individual applicants are encouraged to reapply each year that they are continuing to pursue education directly related to health care delivery. A new application is required to be submitted to the Pioneer Memorial Hospital Foundation by March 15th of each year.